Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Finally Its Up & Running!!

No words could describe how happy I were when the car managed to get started and drivable since last week! Until now I have covered 120km with average speed of 60-90km/h and gear engaged to the 4th speed.

instruments shows normal reading...


the first shower, appreciation of driveability finally...

So what makes it finally starts and move? The answer is all the actions taken as previous post (change pumps, plugs, etc) and the last thing I did was actually to change all injectors. That really makes the car start and runs fine. When I previously detached the old injector, I saw gums inside them, tried to clean them with air pressure but to no avail; which then I decided to just get a new set of them.

What to do after this?

1) Get the car registered first!
2) The injector seals worn out. Plan to change all injector seals and o-rings as well as the throttle body gasket.
3) Change engine oil, ATF fluids, and set of tyres.
4) CO mixture tuning; smells from exhaust tells it run rich now.
2) Front tyre vibrate slightly at 70km/h which very much show ball joint/tie=rod end failure symptoms.
3) The rear in tank pump and fuel level gauge socket is loose! Need to relook on them and make them tight back.

Wish me all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment